Confident with the squad we have : Micheal Clarke


Australian cricket captain Michael Clarke has admitted that it would take some time for his team to get back among the best in Tests and said he was looking forward to an exciting series in Sri Lanka.


Clarke said he was excited at the prospect of leading a young Test side. Almost half the players of the side have the experience of playing five or less matches."I'm really confident with the squad we have. I love the fact we've got some new fresh faces that are excited and itching for their opportunity. I think that's a great thing to have around the group," Clarke was quoted as saying in the Australian media before leaving for Sri Lanka.Clarke and former captain Ricky Ponting were among five members of the one-day squad, who left Sydney on Thursday to join their colleagues in Sri Lanka. Australia will play two T20, five ODI and three Test matches."But the facts are we have to have some success, we have to play good cricket, we have to improve from our recent results throughout the last Australian summer. We need to get better. We know that.""I can guarantee we're working as hard as I've ever worked in my career, so hopefully we can turn that around sooner rather than later," said Clarke.Australia are ranked fifth in the world rankings, one place below Sri Lanka."I really hope we can turn things around straight away. I think it is going to take time for us to work our way back up the rankings," Clarke said."As a bowling partnership in tandem, I think they can really work well together," Clarke said."I haven't seen much of Nathan Lyon, he's had a great tour to Zimbabwe with the Australia A team, and I've heard some great reports of his bowling over there, so he gets an opportunity to come to Sri Lanka and bowl in what are generally pretty good spinning conditions."